Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Long Road

Authors note- I was deciding whether or not to post this. It was from a while back when did a stream of consciousness. I have been trying to work on poetry so I would appreciate some feedback.  

A long road
So straight and narrow
Goes through the forest
Full of trees and life

Spring is here
Bringing flowers and rain
Washing away the cold of winter
With the new April rains

Cars goes past
Gravel bouncing off the tires
And water splashing everywhere
The drivers without a care in the world

Kids come out
Onto the dusty road
With a ball and bat
To start a new game


1 comment:

  1. I don't know if you meant this in a literal or metaphorical way but either way it was a poem that was easy to relate to and I think that was what made it good.

    ReplyDelete