Friday, April 1, 2011

Dreams

Authors Note: This is my poem that I wrote to mimic Langston Hughes. He wrote about holding on to dreams. I think that he is trying to say that dreams are what make life interesting. I wrote about spring and how it is, in my opinion the most important season. I am always excited for spring because it means that the cold of winter is gone and summer is coming soon.
 
Spring
Hold strong to spring
For if spring passes
Summer comes with heat and pain
And no more classes.
Hold strong to spring
For when spring ends
Time is quick passing
All spent with friends.

Here is the poem that I tried to copy. It is called Dreams and it is by my adopt a poet, Langston Hughes

Dreams
Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird
That cannot fly.
Hold fast to dreams
For when dreams go
Life is a barren field
Frozen with snow.

6 comments:

  1. Nice job. This is very parallel, and perhaps you could draft another that departs more form the original. Also, if you select a short piece, shouldn't your assumption be you do more than one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved this poem! You could tell that it was definitely parallel to the original one, and I like your descriptions about spring. I can totally relate to what you're trying to say. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good. I agree with Mr J that you should write another poem that isn't as similar as this one is but this is still a great emulation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job. You wrote a great example for imitation poems. I like spring too, but summer is my favorite. Just as an idea, it might be kind of cool if you write an emulation poem about all four seasons. It might be interesting to compare them. Anyway, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought that this was very good! It really emulated your poets poem which was really good. I totally agree with everyone else. I think that you should expand on this idea and do what Abby suggested because this was really good the other's would probably be awesome as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your emulation was really good, and it was very similar to the original. Maybe next time you could try bringing some of your own style to a poem through the formatting.

    ReplyDelete